The Town of Apex has launched our Vision Zero Action Plan to eliminate transportation-related fatalities and serious injuries in Apex by 2035.
As part of its Vision Zero plan, the Town of Apex will use a "Five E Approach" to eliminate fatalities and serious injuries on our streets: Engineering, Education, Encouragement, Enforcement, and Evaluation.
The Vision Zero Draft Action Plan was approved by Apex Town Council at their August 9th meeting.
Next steps include:
- Seeking grant funding opportunities this fall from the Safe Streets and Roads for All program
- Implement, track, and report progress on the Actionable Strategies including annual updates to the 5-year data analysis
Questions regarding the plan can be directed to Russell Dalton, Traffic Engineering Manager, at email@example.com or 919-249-3358.
Safety Town Event
This interactive event focused on traffic safety was held on Saturday, June 25th.
A series of pop-up Public Workshops were held throughout town:
- February 9th: Eva Perry Library
- February 15th: Hope Community Church
- February 22nd: Apex Senior Center
- February 25th: Community Center
- April 27th: The Hub 1900 E Williams St
A virtual public workshop was held through February 28th.
The in-person Public Workshop was held on January 26th at the Apex Senior Center.
Staff Project Lead:
Russell H. Dalton, PE
Traffic Engineering Manager